McClanathan, Burg & Associates, LLC has built a reputation for integrity, sound ethical values and common sense conclusions in valuation advisory services. As experienced professionals in accounting, business operations, financial statement analysis, and understanding industry and economic factors, the MBA valuation and advisory team deliver solutions to empower individual and business clients to confidently make successful strategic decisions.
Working with attorneys, accountants, individuals, private business owners, and financial institutions, our team members assist in valuation issues related to business interests, damages, contract disputes, gift and estate planning and compliance, purchase price allocation, fair value measurements, goodwill and long-lived asset impairment, and other general business planning.
McClanathan, Burg & Associates, LLC valuations adhere to the highest valuation standards. These include the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) statement on standards for valuation services and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). Our valuation and advisory services team members include Certified Public Accountants and Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). If necessary, our knowledge and experience with litigated financial issues and the court system enables us to present and successfully defend our conclusions. Our team of professionals have significant experience testifying in both State and Federal courts.
We provide valuation and related advisory services for a broad range of purposes including:
Winning Legal Disputes through supportable appraisal conclusions compelling to judges and juries, presented by expert witnesses who think strategically and communicate in easy to understand terms.
- Marital Dissolution
- Partner/shareholder Dissolution
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Bankruptcy and Reorganizations
- Civil and Criminal Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Damage Estimates
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Financial Investigations
- Forensic Accounting
Controlling Tax Liability through appraisals and advice that accurately positions you to pay not a penny more than your fair share of the tax burden.
- Charitable Contribution Planning and Compliance
- Gift Planning and Compliance
- Family limited partnerships
- Estate Planning and Compliance
- Cost Segregation
- Debt Forgiveness
- Stock Option Compensation Valuation
- Subchapter S Election: C to S Corporation
- Audit Defense Consulting
- Dispute Resolution Valuation
- Expert Witness Testimony
Achieving Your Business Goals with timely information and advice.
- Valuation for Purchase or Sale
- ESOP Valuation
- Crisis Management
- Fairness Opinions
- Feasibility Analysis
- Liquidation Analysis of a Going Concern
- Ownership Buy / Sell Agreements
- Productivity Analysis
- General Business Planning
Leveraging Your Business Properly with the knowledge from accurate appraisals that are universally accepted and receive the capital needed to grow and accomplish goals.
- Valuations for Lending
- Residual Value Studies for Leasing
- Capital Structure Optimization
- Debt Placement
- Equity Investment
Accurately Report Your Financial Position and maximize return on investment with appraisals that are informative and independent, and meet stringent audit and regulatory requirements.
- Purchase Price Allocation (ASC 805, SFAS 141, IFRS 3)
- Fair Value Measurements (SFAS 157)
- Goodwill Impairment and Long-Lived Asset Impairment (SFAS 142, SFAS 121, SFAS 144)
- Share-Based Payments For Employee Compensation (SFAS 123R)
Managing Your Risk by mitigating the risk of loss to property and profits with appraisals that accurately measure insurable values and strategic planning to reduce the impact of business interruption.
- Business Interruption
- Proof of Loss