Bookkeeper / Accountant
McClanathan, Burg & Associates, LLC, a full service accounting and consulting firm, serves clients throughout the Tampa Bay area. We are proud to partner with our clients providing tax, audit, assurance, accounting, estate and trust services and innovative ideas throughout a long term relationship and hold our values of trust, integrity, commitment and loyalty in everything we do. We are currently seeking a dedicated full-time bookkeeper / write-up staff accountant.
A thorough knowledge of bookkeeping is needed for this position and the ideal candidate will have worked with an accounting firm. This is time sensitive work that mandates deadlines are met in an accurate, timely and confidential manner. Individual must be self-managing, highly organized, attentive to details, flexible and great at working with people.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under managerial direction, a write-up staff accountant will perform a variety of general accounting support tasks including financial data entry, reconciliation of bank, credit and investment accounts, sales tax returns, quarterly/annual payroll tax returns and annual information returns (1099), bookkeeping, and preparation of financial statements.
He or she would:
- Have direct communication with assigned clients;
- Complete and deliver work that is technically accurate and on time;
- Review and correct inconsistencies and errors in financial entries, documents and reports;
- Investigate questionable data and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies;
- 2-5 year experience with a CPA firm, preferred;
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks software (ProAdvisor Certification a plus);
- Strong organization skills;
- High attention to detail with ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills;
- A reliable team player and a solid professional, who can apply a "hands on" work style;
- Tax return preparation experience a plus
- General computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters CS Professional Suite software
We are proud to offer the following:
- Excellent office environment
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid health insurance
- Monthly HSA contribution
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Garage parking
Our most important asset is our team of talented, skilled professionals ready to serve our clients. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a CPA firm that takes a proactive interest in, and a direct involvement with clients, where your job related skills and ideas can make a difference, and where you can be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions, please apply immediately.
Apply For This Position
Either click here to email your resume in confidence, or fax your resume to (727) 892-2439.
McClanathan, Burg & Associates, LLC
Equal Opportunity Employer